Marker Storage

 There was a question over on the Studio Calico message board about Marker Storage.  I thought I would post some photos of my marker storage.  It was actually very cheap, and the great thing about it is that I can add to it in inexpensive increments.  I purchased these little wooden "shopping bags" at A. C. Moore.  They cost me $1.99 each, without a coupon, and I used a coupon for most, so it was really about half that price.  I glued the first 3 together with wood glue, because I envisioned a freestanding unit.  

These little wooden shopping bags measure approximately 4 1/4 inches long x 2 inches wide, and 5 3/4 inches high.  I can store 22 Copic Sketch Markers in each one.

However, I find them easier to use if I can just pull the color family that I need, so I put them on this little shelf that I have had for years.  My husband put a 1/4 by 1 inch piece of trim under the front of the boxes so that they are slightly tilted, and the markers do not fall out. 
In this picture, the piece of trim extends beyond the boxes, so I can expand my storage if necessary.

I hope this helps some of you who may looking for a budget conscious way to store your markers!
After all, wouldn't you rather spend your craft dollars on actual supplies?  If you wanted to use this idea as a free standing unit, you could come up with some fun ideas for painting and decorating the wooden shopping bags!  Have a crafty day!






Comments

  1. I love your wooden bags and i like your blog background. Have you spend a holiday in the Netherlands?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Agitte,
    Thank you! That is so sweet! No, I have never been to the Netherlands, but I would love to go there! This blog background is available from Google, and I chose it because I like to change my background with the seasons. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment