Arctic Winter MFT & Lawn Fawn

Today I’d like to share with you a card that I made especially for winter time.  I’ve always been fascinated with the idea that it stays dark so long in the Arctic during winter, with very little daylight. I wonder what it’s like for the animals that live there?
 I had a freebie stamp from My Favorite Things that I paired with some snowflakes from Lawn Fawn to create a night scene.  I used Picket Fence Distress Ink to create a cloudy sky, and Faded Jeans Distress Oxide Ink to give just the impression of blue water in the night.  Don't you just love the way Distress Oxide shows up on dark colored paper? I cut the ice floats from vellum.  The snowflakes were cut from scraps I had from another project.  I can’t remember now exactly which Distress Ink colors I used.  The sentiment stamp is from Lawn Fawn's Critters in the Arctic. The black card stock is from my stash, and the blue card stock is MFT's Sno Cone. I’m entering this Card in the Simon Says Stamp Anything Goes Wednesday Challenge.  I hope you like it!

Comments