Not really loving this summer.

At the beginning of My we were hit from behind by a semi, and our van was totalled. Luckily, no one was hurt. It could have been just so awful. I love my new van, but not the money we had to put down on it, and not the new car payment. I am working at least 2 extra days a week, sometimes 3 or 4, just to try to make get a little money in the checking account to replace what we spent on the down payment. I had such high hopes for this summer, and so far, all I have done is struggle to keep up with the housework, get to work on time, and listen to my kids tell me how boring their summer has been. Add triple digit heat to that, and you get one depressed me.

So, what's a girl to do? Well I walk the dog at least once a day, and that helps. I've also resolved not to work any extra days for at least two weeks in August, and only one extra day the other weeks. I have not made up all of the money, but I will get there slowly and steadily. I am also going to plan my time in week long blocks. I know what needs to be done, and I need to give at least 3-4 hrs a week to decluttering, so I will start with that next week. It will help that Caitlyn will be at religious ed. in the mornings, so there will be no fights or distractions for Daniel when it comes to doing the summer practice assignments I am having him work on. Lastly, we are having a Tastefully Simple Party here on Friday, a book club meeting here next Thursday, and then 3 weeks later, I am hosting Bunco. How's that for "Clean House" motivation!

I sure hope we'll have some of this hot weather when I can take the kids to the beach!

Comments