New Year, New Stuff

A new year has begun! How many of you have already broken some of your resolutions? Not me. I didn't make any! I did start some new things though. I have begun Becky Higgins' Project Life. I started this a few years ago as Project 365, but lost all of my momentum during a home remodeling project. It was overwhelming to try to take a picture and journal about it each and every day of the year. The nice thing about Project Life is that although it works very well for a picture each and every day, you are free to make each page a monthly layout, or use several pages to document something special like a trip. You can also start on any day. I began January 1st, but you could start on your birthday, Chinese New Year, or tomorrow! So head on over to Becky Higgins' Blog and check it out! Right now she has two chances to win a kit, too!

I've also been inspired by Ali Edwards over at Big Picture Classes to choose a word to inspire and guide me through this year. She is teaching a class that goes all year, and is based on this concept. Although I've elected not take the class, I have chosen a word. My word for this year is STEWARDSHIP. I will practice good stewardship of my family, marriage, friends, home, belongings, finances, and talents. This weekend, that means taking care of all of my Christmas decor, letting go of the things I haven't used in a few years, and spending time with my family at basketball games. My daughter and I made an almond cake with raspberries that was to die for this evening, and my son and I will spend some quality time together tomorrow having a Nerf gun battle! He doesn't know it yet. I plan to gather my guns and ammunition while he's sleeping, then attack when he wakes me up way too early! Now I think I should send my kids to bed, so I can spend some time with my sweetie. (I just have to make room on the couch by moving the ornaments I haven't put away yet!). No photos today, but by Sunday, I should have a couple of cards to share with you! May this year bring you joy, good health, and wisdom.

Comments