Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Creating a Background with Stamps

Hi there!  I thought I'd post a card I'm entering in the Lawnscaping Challenge!  It is Challenge #81, and we are creating a background with stamps.

Here is my take on the challenge.  If you click on any of the images, you can see them in a larger format.


This card may seem a little strange at first, but I made it for my daughter, who is taking the AP World History test.  I didn't want to cover up all of my background, so I put a piece of blue vellum under my globe and banner, and I was pretty happy with the way it turned out!  I used a water brush to apply the inks to the globe, so that there would be a little variation in color.  Here is a peak at the inside:


I'll admit it's a bit corny, but I am from Iowa, so I get to be corny once in a while!  So, here are the details:  Stamps sets:  Lawn Fawn Wish You Were Here, and Home Sweet Home, plus dies of the same names, Hero Arts inks:  Pale Tomato, Lemon Yellow, Cup O' Joe, Tide Pool, Orange Soda, and Bubble Gum.  Vellum: Craft supplies, and Glitter Pen: Wink of Stella Clear.  Hope you enjoy all of the projects over at Lawnscaping, and I'd love to hear what you think of my card!


1 comment:

  1. Fun card!!
    Thanks for playing with us at lawnscaping.
    xx Tamara

    ReplyDelete