Distress Mania Lawnscaping Challenge

Hi Everyone! Today I have a card that I am entering in Lawncaping's Challenge 82, Distress Mania!

There is still time to enter this challenge, until the end of today, May 28th!  For my card, I chose to be silly.  A few years ago, Kelly Marie at Lawn Fawn did a video which she called Oh my dear, my shutters are shabby!  You can see the video here.  I have always thought that was such a cute play on the shabby shutters distress ink.  When this challenge came out, I just had to make this card!
My daughter says the gnome looks much too happy to be distressed, and I suppose she is right! I tried to fit the deer from Into the Woods on my card, but I just couldn't make it work. So, you may be wondering what anyone would ever do with this card.  Well our shutters are, in fact, shabby, and I have someone coming to give us an estimate soon.  I plan to put the estimate in this card, and give it to my husband.  I know it's silly, but it was a fun card to make!
I used distress inks for the background in broken glass, broken china,  and salty ocean for the blue, and bundled sage, shabby shutters, and peeled paint for the green.  I also used a wood grain stamp and frayed burlap distress ink to distress the edges of the scene, the word bubbles,  and the edge of the card.  The gnome, bird and mushrooms were all colored with distress markers on watercolor paper, and then the colors were blended with water.  Hope you like my fun little card!


Comments

  1. Hehe, this is so cute! I really like the shutters that you added to the mushroom home! Thanks for playing along with us at Lawnscaping!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. bwa ha ha ha!!!! this is hilarious!!!!!!! i LOVE it!! first of all, that gnome just steals my heart!! and second of all, the sentiments you created are hilarious!!!!!! <3 thanks for playing along at Lawnscaping! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha, this one made me laugh! Great card!
    Anni

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment