Inspired by Virginia

I was inspired to make this card by a card I saw on Virginia Lu's blog, Yes Virginia...


Virginia is so talented! I don't think my card even comes close to how great her card is, and I actually struggled with what looked like such a simple design.  After I created the banner flags, I realized they would not look good on a white background.  I tried a few different colors, and my daughter helped me to decide on the blue you see here.  I also forgot to sew my banner on before attaching it to the card front!  I was just about to throw the whole thing out, but then I decided to add the embroidery floss and sequins with glue.  I liked it better then, but it still needed something.  I added the sentiment and the gems. Finally, I was happy enough with the outcome.  By the way, if you'd like even more inspiration from Virginia Lu, check out her challenge blog, Virginia's View!  There is still time to enter this month's stitching challenge if you get your project submitted today!

Comments