Day 1 of 2017 of 12 Tags of Christmas with a Feminine Twist

Today I have a tag to share!  It is for the Day 1 challenge of the12 Tags of Christmas with a Feminine Twist over at Ellen Hutson Classroom.  My tag was inspired by Jennifer McGuire.  All products are from Hero Arts with the exception of the glitter pen, and the green and bamboo colored inks.  Here is the tag:
Using the Hero Arts stamp set Coffee Cup Tags, I stamped the cup 5 times with Hero Arts Punch Chalk ink, and then stamped the whip cream topping in Bamboo (CTMH).  I fussy cut the topping and the cups, and folded each piece in half.  Next I used the coordinating die set to cut out the cup, whip cream topping, cup cozy, and holly from Neenah solar white card stock.  I then stamped the outline of the cozy and the holly in New England Ivy (CTMH) and stamped the sentiment in Punch chalk ink.  The berries were colored in with Copic R27, and glittered with  Wink of Stella clear Glitter brush.  Now comes the fun part:  I adhered half of each fussy cut cup to half of another cup, until all 5 cups were stuck together.  Next I adhered the fussy cut whipped topping to each cup.  I adhered the die cut of the whipped topping to the die cut of the cup, then I taped the twine from my stash to the top.  next I adhered then adhered the 5 cups/whipped toppings structure to the die cut cup/whipped topping.  Finally, I adhered the cup cozy die cut to the front, and decorated it with the holly die cut.  I didn't really like the way the back looked, so I stamped and die-cut another cup, whipped topping, cozy, and holly to finish off the back.

Hope you like it!  This was a lot of fun!  If my description of the technique was confusing, watch the video that Jennifer McGuire made.

Comments

  1. Good job with this challenge! I would have never thought to use that die....love it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. your tag is so darn clever!!! love it!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment